This is an oxidation-reduction (redox) reaction:
6 Br0 + 6 e- → 6 Br-I (reduction)
Xem thêm: they live in a house that was built in
2 CrIII - 6 e- → 2 CrVI (oxidation)
Xem thêm: bảng công thức nguyên hàm
Br2 is an oxidizing agent, NaCrO2 is a reducing agent.
- Names: Bromine , Molecular bromine
- Appearance: Fuming red-to-brown liquid with pungent odour ; Dark reddish-brown, fuming liquid with suffocating, irritating fumes.
- Names: Sodium hydroxide , Caustic soda , Lye
- Appearance: White, waxy, opaque crystals ; White hygroscopic solid in various forms ; Colorless to tướng white, odorless solid (flakes, beads, granular form).
- Na2CrO4 – Sodium chromate
- Other names: Chromic acid , (Na2CrO4) , Disodium salt
- Appearance: Yellow crystals ; Yellow hygroscopic crystals
- NaBr – Sodium bromide
- Other names: Bromide salt of sodium , Trisodium tribromide , NaBr
- Appearance: White powder, hygroscopic
- H2O – Water, oxidane
- Other names: Water (H2O) , Hydrogen hydroxide (HH or HOH) , Hydrogen oxide
- Appearance: White crystalline solid, almost colorless liquid with a hint of xanh lơ, colorless gas